Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A MOMENT IN THE SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM

IT'S INTERESTING what one can find while rummaging through boxes of old photos. Interesting and nostalgic beyond belief. So now, travel with me back to June 1964, to the Bellevue-Stratford Hotel in Philadelphia, where some unbelievably lucky (although they probably didn't appreciate it at the time) young people were taking part in the upper-crust social life of the day. This was about two years before the youth revolution of the mid-'60s, and the debutante season was still a very big deal in some circles. It was a carefree time, in which we danced the night away and thought not a bit about what might be waiting for us around the corner.

Even though it seems a million years ago in another country -- and maybe a different dimension or a different planet -- I'm grateful to have been a part of it.

And, I wonder where those lovely lassies are now....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That tux is either very shiny or vry threadbare. I think its the same one I wore five years later...

Clem said...

I think I must have been about the tenth owner of that tux.

Anonymous said...

Well, Clem, when Tuxedo cat caught a glimpse of you and the beauties he said MeWOW.