Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hiking in the Chagrin River Valley and Other Adventures

Over Labor Day weekend, Eve and I visited my daughter Janet and her husband Steve in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. On Saturday morning, we took a hike in the Chagrin River Valley, through some beautiful meadows and hardwood forests. Here they are at an observation platform where we had a close encounter with a baby muskrat in one of the wetland areas, but the little twerp took a powder when I aimed my camera in his or her direction. Later in the day we visited the Great Geauga County Fair, where we saw some charming alpacas... ...and llamas And we ate lots of deep-fried country-fair fare -- funnel cakes, deep-fried Oreos, deep-fried Snickers bars, sausage sandwiches with grilled onions and peppers -- all of which I will never tell my cardiologist. And if you do, I'll deny it; then I'll hunt you down and feed you to radioactive cockroaches. The next day we toured the wine country along the south shore of Lake Erie, and we fetched up on a breezy terrace overlooking the lake and sampling some local wines... And the next day we came home. How was YOUR weekend, Dear Reader?

1 comment:

Wes Loder said...

How was my weekend? Not bad. We installed more window moldings and the first curtains. Our daughters and their husbands all came to visit and jointly announced that Laura and Lisa are both expecting in late winter- early spring. Could not get better than that. WES